WooCommerce or Magento Website
Two of the most popular eCommerce platforms on the market today are WooCommerce and Magento. How do they perform when compared to each other and how can you decide which to choose for your purposes? They both have their strengths and suitability for different needs.
Identify Your Website’s Purpose
Before making a decision, the best thing to start with is to take a look at and revise your own requirements for an eCommerce website.
- Who are your customers?
- How many products do you offer and what would be the traffic of your online store?
- What kind of store do you have in mind?
- Do you want to integrate your existing theme into your eCommerce website using WordPress?
WooCommerce can be fully integrated into your website so that you can sell your products online with an eCommerce shop.
With more people buying online than ever before, having a good quality and practical eCommerce website for your business does not cost as much as you may expect.
WooCommerce is a fully integrated eCommerce platform for selling products directly through your website. This is a complete eCommerce system and is great for any business or individual looking to sell their products or services online.
- Easy to use
- No Experience required
- Compatible with all WordPress websites
- Search Engine Friendly
Magento, just like WordPress, is based on an open source technology.
Two questions worth asking:
- Will your shop contain more than 1000 products?
- Are you expecting heavy traffic for your store from the very begining?
If you answered yes to the two questions, you should probably go with Magento.
WordPress continues to evolve so we can expect better solutions for the larger businesses, and easier to use management systems.